Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Tears for the Land of the Rising Sun

Japan had a massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake yesterday March 12, 2011 at around 2:46 pm. It was centered near the east coast that could kill hundreds of people. This earthquake caused a huge tsunami to engulf the the towns and farmlands in inland Miyagi Perfecture. Buildings shook, heaved and collapsed by the score, and numerous fires ignited. Some trains were derailed, it tossed boats and cars like toys. Thousands of people want missing.

My heart was trampled like rubbish when I saw the video. It was devastating to see as if I am watching a movie only now it is real. I couldn't imagine how the people could run and be safe in that kind of situation. Deep in my heart I wish I could carry them and put them away from danger.

Japan has always been close to my heart. It is one of the places I wish to go and explore about. Not only because of it's beauty but also because of the culture in which I am most fascinated with. I wish to know the locals, take a bath in the hot springs, walk about the cherry blossoms, watch the fireworks by the Tokyo skyline, eat tasty food (like sushi's, donburi and yakisoba), walk the busy pedestrians, and shop till I drop in those awesome gadget stores, cute dress shops and anime hubs.

Japan is like home away from home.

It was terrible when I heard the news. I have great respect and love for the Japanese people. I hope that the people alive will be alright, those missing be found and those sadly that passed away be at peace.

I am praying that despite this tragedy Japan could get up from it's devastating state and rise again. Japan is the land of the rising sun afterall and by that it gives me hope that somewhow even if it takes a long time and it is hard Japan will get up and see the sun straight ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment