Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Behind Closed Doors

What should you do when doors you thought God had opened suddenly slam shut?

This happened to me.

I was thinking, Lord, where did I go wrong? Why is this happening?

I never expected God is still directing my steps. I held on to that plan for so long I was disillusioned that it is the best thing for me. It took up most of my time, my energy, my hopes and dreams only for God to take it away in the end.

Should I be angry at God? Should I be questioning Him?

NO.

Whatever happens God has a greater plan for my life. When the doors closed in front of me and I was left with nothing; it is where I found I had everything in God. In proper time, my pain will turn to praise as I begin to realize that God has closed a lesser door to open a greater one.

The darkness behind closed doors helped me appreciate what I have in a new light. I became more thankful and giving. It is not always easy at first, but as God begins to uncover His plans I also began to understand that the pain is the best way to show what real happiness is.

The wait is hard and tiring but as I began to understand God's timing that's when I began to see that obedience is the key whatever the situation is.

No comments:

Post a Comment