Sunday, March 23, 2014

Best Birthday so Far

woke up dizzy this morning. Even before today I have been in a series of mini celebrations for my birthday. It's not my 18th or my 21st but it feels like I have only started appreciating my birthday as I got older.

Last Wednesday I received my first birthday gift. I got a scarf and a charm bracelet from Roop and Veronica! I soooo love it! The bracelet is so cute with a wishbone, four leaf clover and horseshoe. I feel so lucky already to have such an awesome gift.
It was my parents 31st anniversary too



Thursday, is practically my rest day. But I get to shop for some things I wanted to buy for myself. Joi gave me an awesome kathmandu bag.

 I got to get myself some hoodies, a dress,another bag (a girl always needs more bag) and a happiness journal.


Friday was amazing! I get to go with Dindin and Jowi to Taupo for some bungy jumping and cliffhanger swing. 

Jowi got her try of bungy jumping too. I didn't get to skydive because it was to windy I have to reschedule it on Sunday (tadah!my birthday). We got ourselves some sushi for lunch and hang out by the lake before going home. The bungy was a scary experience but well.. it was fun at the same time. I am just glad to have done it.


Saturday, me and a couple of people went for a hike to Wairere Falls. It was beautiful!! Just a great place to go to. The people with me who celebrated my pre-birthday were awesomer than awesome. We had a fab day in there. 

My mom gave me some Pajamas for my birthday in which I think are awesome gifts as well.



Sunday, my birthday, (today) I got to skydive back at Taupo with Joi. My dad drove and it was so nice to have someone drive us there since I have a massive headache after climbing that mountain (oh Lord, why?) But the skydiving was amazing! My skydiving instructor was Elad and I did some crazy things up there. I am such a wuzz.


After skydiving I was stung by a bee (which is a first) and my headache lessened. The pain in my right pinky is still here and it's still stiff. 
We went for a drive and I have to admit it was good fun too.


Adel and Ate Emie gave me hiking shoes and a bag (respectively). I am just sooooo..thrilled. huwaw.. db? 

The end of the day, I blew some candles over some macaroons and prayed for everyone who remembered. 

I am overwhelmed with the love people has shown me today. Important naman pala ako (hahaha).



The last thing I would like to do is to never forget and document things here. Thank you. Thank you for everyone. Thank you for friends, family and people who made me stronger to be such a bad ass chick (I have boasting rights as someone told me). And I thank God for allowing me to experience all this. I need this. The reassurance. The thrill. The pure enjoyment. The feelings of being loved despite of. I know not a lot of people like me. I don't care anymore. A few true people are enough and God showed me that kindness I have given to people in the past were never in vain. I may self pity every now and then but I am not alone. I care for them and that is what matters. God is well aware of my struggle to fit in and seek for approval but I don't need such things anymore. I do my best, sometimes more than what of expected from me. I want to surprise people that I can do it and more. This is the challenge for myself. The extremes are just a representation of what I have become. A person not afraid.. anymore..


-signing off
JO
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment